« Misting Level | Main | It's the Same! »

Flower Bloggin'


I'm not sure what it's called in still photography, but in television this would be the beginning of a rack focus. I've been having fun experimenting with this look lately.


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments (2)


What you have is a shallow depth of field. The depth of field is the area in a photograph that is in focus. It's controlled by the aperture (F-stop) of your lens. The wider the aperture the shallower the DOF. For instance F3.5 has a very shallow DOF where F16 has a very deep DOF so that practically everything is in focus. I hope my explanation is helpful.

Yummy photo! Come see what great shots are over in my neck 'o the woods...great nature shots - especially look for pia and citric there...

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)


This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on July 10, 2003 12:49 AM.

The previous post in this blog was Misting Level.

The next post in this blog is It's the Same!.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.